Old 12-27-2010, 12:18 AM   #1
EAR

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default Procrastinator's Party Jan. 9th

Information I have so far is..
TCT dinner party will be at Frankie's Main Street Cafe in Hubbard on January 9th 2011.
Coctails and conversation 4-5pm
Dinners orders at 5.
Meeting and election of officers to follow dinner.
please contact Mary at skifaremare@aol .com or 330-534-3258 no later than Jan. 6th with you reservations.
Directions on our map page.
Old 12-28-2010, 07:18 PM   #2
EAR

Some more info. Mike Bowman From YSU will come to our meeting and tell us about the kayak program there. Also, I found some slides when I inherited the old club files last year. Long time member Pat Treish will bring her slide projector and try to identify some of the folks and talk about the early days of the club. And we can check out paddling style from "back in the day".

Last edited by EAR; 12-28-2010 at 07:24 PM.
EAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 10:16 PM   #3
EAR

Because the news is out a little late , deadline to call Mary is extended to Friday the 7th.
Old 01-08-2011, 11:07 AM   #4
wardie

Default Procrastinators Party

Roy and I are looking forward to meeting everyone. Roy was a member of this club back in the early 70's so just maybe I'll get to see what Roy looked like 30 years ago with the slide show..ha,ha he said he had more hair then!

I'd like to meet some of the members who did two or three day trips down the Alleghney River last year. I am looking to do something like this this spring and want to talk to some members about doing it this year.

Wardie
wardie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 07:35 PM   #5
wardie

Default Great Party

To Ed and the gang what a nice evening. I really like the club and themembers and am looking forward to some cool trips this year! Wardie
wardie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 08:32 AM   #6
jerry lyda

Default To a new year

A great thanks to those who accepted the responsability that comes with being an officer of a club such as ours. Anything I can do to help, just ask ! Congrats to Ed, Mike and the rest of the gang. Jerry
jerry lyda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 10:39 PM   #7
EAR

Default Great Party

I want to thank everyone who came to our Procrastinator's party last Sunday. It was the best attended party I have been at in my 7-8 years with the club with , I think, 39 people.The meeting went much longer than anticipated lasting an hour and a half. Then we had to take a break to have dinner!! Great discussion on our current hot topic of mandatory PFD use on our outtings. I thing we have come to consenus on what we must do but we won't finalize everything until the next meeting.
Very special thanks to Mike Bowman from YSU who told us about the kayak program there and why they want to hook up with our club. We voted to let them join under a new form of membership. Both sides will benefit from from this partnership.
And more thanks going out to Pat Treish for coming and telling us about the early club history. Pat has been there from the beginning and has done just about everything for the club, from teaching safety, to river clean up to holding all positions in the club. We loved seeing the younger Pat in the old slides with her blue canoe. I think it is important to let the people know about the club history and to see that what they started is still being built upon today.

Last edited by EAR; 01-14-2011 at 10:43 PM.
EAR is offline   Reply With Quote