Old 08-14-2022, 07:52 PM   #1
onbohio

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default 2022 Foxburg Run (Allegheny River)

Foxburg Run- We had 16 kayaks and one canoe. A total of 17 paddlers. After offloading all our gear in Emlenton we shuttled to Parker and back and were on the water about 11:10 am.

After paddling past many beautiful homes and scenic shorelines, we arrived at the new launch in Foxburg about 12:50. Lunch at the Allegheny Grille was enjoyed by all followed by a walk through town to visit various shops and the winery who had a band playing outside. We were back on the water about 3:15.

The group then paddled to where the Clarion meets the Allegheny and did some swimming, and jumping. 🙂 Thank you to the young fishermen who had the spot and saw us coming and moved.

A short paddle later and we were in Parker taking boats out of the water about 5.
onbohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 06:28 PM   #2
Ambridger

Thanks to Tom for yet another great Foxburg run. The weather held nicely, with moderate temps and just the slightest momentary sprinkle. While the Foxburg Inn no longer has the Sunday Buffett, they did seat us in the room we usually use, however we could have sat anywhere, as the place was dead. My cousin enjoyed himself on his first ever float; he like myself is also a non-swimmer. It was a family affair for us ... in addition to my cousin, my sister-in-law and father-in-law were there as well. Thanks again to Tom.
Old 08-15-2022, 07:44 PM   #3
onbohio

Thanks to Jodi for giving up her seat in the canoe for a paddler who was struggling. It allowed the group to keep moving at a little better pace.
onbohio is offline   Reply With Quote