Old 03-05-2023, 08:15 PM   #1
DustinSW1627

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default July 22nd CPR Training Survey

Hello, Some of you may not have heard this story so I will share it here.

I have a coworker that takes a yearly kayak fishing trip from Ridgeway to Cooksburg, on the Clarion river. Last year on the trip one of the guys had epilepsy, he had a Seizure and fell out of his kayak. By the time the other guys got to him he was unresponsive. My coworker had CPR training and was able to perform it successfully. The young man was taken to the hospital and has fully recovered. This story scared me because I have two daughters with epilepsy that paddle regularly with me. I am working on setting up training before the Club picnic Saturday July 22nd at Pymatuning State Park, PA. I will be getting CPR Certified April 4th so I can be ready for the paddling season. CPR certification is good for 2 years. We have two options for training before the club picnic.

1. Free in-depth CPR training from a highly qualified club member. This training, I have no doubt, would be excellent, thorough, hands on, and I’m sure we could take our time to make sure everyone is comfortable with the procedure. This training would not gain you CPR certificate.

2. This would be training by a certified trainer. The Mercer County, PA coroner is a CPR certified trainer and would come to Pymatuning to conduct the training. This training would be thorough with the elements to gain your 2 year official CPR certification. This option would come at a cost of $25 per person. All other trainers I reached out to had a cost of $50-$70. This is who I am taking a Class with April 4th.

Either Option would help our club become safer, giving us the ability to perform life saving techniques if put in that position.

1.Please reply if your are interested in CPR training?
2. if interested please reply with:
a. Option 1 training not certified?
b. Option 2 training with certification?
c. Option 3 you would sign up for either offered?

Thanks for your time. Dustin Noel 724-301-4751
DustinSW1627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 06:02 PM   #2
mfdanko99

This is an awesome chance to learn a valuable skill.
It's amazing we have someone who can train us with in the club.
It would be great to have a certified instructor as well.
I am ok with either option, but I would like the chance to get certified.

Thank you Dustin for all your work on this course.
Old 03-14-2023, 04:31 PM   #3
djstone

This is awesome!! Tom and I don't camp ( I would but Tom is a weenie), so maybe we could come for Saturday if that is the day for CPR. We would be happy with either option, but as new grandparents to twins, we would feel more confident if we were certified.

Thank you for offering this and for doing the leg work. I love that our club always keeps safety in mind and offers opportunities to members to learn and become better equipped to handle any situation that might arise. Kudos!

Darla
djstone is offline   Reply With Quote