View Single Post
Old 06-13-2023, 07:11 PM   #2
KenM

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default part 2

I will re-post this here for the record. The only place anyone will now comment is on facebook. I am saddened that TCT forum has been overshadowed by FB. An hour after posting on FB a post is lost so there is little if any continuity to any conversation. As far as I know, this forum is still the Official Voice of TCT.
==========================================

As a member of TCT I know our club is not involved with altering the river. It would appear that Friends are not involved or condone the work. So apparently a group of unorganized paddlers(?) are doing what THEY deem is best for the river.

Marshal St: By channelling off the water the natural chute on river right is now MORE dangerous as any rebar is more exposed. With all the work that was done digging a trench maybe some work winching out some offending pieces would have taken less effort?

The log jam: Yes they can be dangerous. There are LOTS of potential danger when paddling. That's when experienced paddlers get out and scout or portage. You will never make the river safe for people with no skills. If you channel off the water from the log jam you will possibly create an even MORE dangerous place to get trapped in.

The topic of fundraising gets brought up fairly often at TCT meetings. Just for the sake of conversation... How about a fundraiser to accumulate funds to have someone winch rebar out of the Marshall St channel? Or winch out part of a log jam? ---KenM
KenM is offline   Reply With Quote