View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011, 07:28 AM   #18
SOS57

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Talking Recap of the Shenango River run

RECAP of the SHENANGO RIVER RUN on JUNE 12
Well? we did it again. Another successful excursion into the wild, wonderful world of Pennsylvania?s river country completed.. Our pilgrimage began under the ancient viaduct that has carried traffic in and out of West Middlesex seemingly forever, at a small, kind of rough launch put in by the Pa Fish and Boat Commission. This is a small mud launch with a decent paved ramp that I wish would have been done all the way to the water. Several relaxing hours later it came to an end in the no longer famous resort town of Pulaski. We had a beautiful day, warm, dry, but not hot. Fantastic water levels kept us above the rocks, smoothed out the sections where we would possibly have had to drag bottom, and gave us a couple of quick little riffles to perk up the day. It seems to have been a success as we brought back all 25 intrepid explorers more or less intact. The brave souls who faced the infamous Pulaski Rapid all survived. The most difficult task of the day was climbing the bank by the pond, the other take out area being blocked by a tree. Thanks to all of you who made my first run as a trip leader a success. I hope to share many more hours with all of you on the waters provided for our enjoyment.