Thread: Solo comfort
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2010, 04:36 PM   #6
gonegonzo

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

No JP ,

We had a blue van that was parked at our put in . We canoed the West Fork from Gavers to West Point . It's about a ten mile run . Had to pick our routes . Needed about 3 more inches to make it ideal. It became a game however and we had a good time.

The water was great as far as temp. goes . The weather , well , you seen it . We seen 51 Blue Heron nests within 1 mile shortly after put in . Seen a beautiful Osprey but no Eagles which are seen at times.

We seen a van with a trailer but he wasn't going to the West Fork. Very few paddle the West fork or even know that it's canoeable.

Another good trip ( water permitting ) is to put in at Franklin Square and canoe to the river . That's a two day float with a camp out at the group camp at Sprucevale . I have canoed it all the way to Wellsville where I live .

This seat that I installed however about killed my knees. I'm thinking of raising it a little and adding new knee pads as Rich suggested . The Knee pads need replaced anyway . Might as well do them all .

I just want things to be like they were 80 pounds ago .

Gonzo
gonegonzo is offline   Reply With Quote