View Single Post
Old 04-12-2010, 09:50 PM   #1
clipper1

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default Grand River Pasta Paddle

Grand River from Hidden Valley Park in Madison twp. to Mason's Landing in Perry twp. on 8 May 2010. After the Run we will be returning to my house at 4918 Klasen Rd, (200yds from the start), for spaghetti and Garlic Bread. If you wish to bring a side, salad or desert, your efforts will be applauded. A campfire is also planned, so everyone is invited to pitch a tent as well...

This section of the Grand is pretty tame, with only class 1 riffles to contend with, and long slow scenic stretches. At 11.4 miles, and normal flow between 1' - 3' an estimated four plus hours on the water will be needed. If water levels are insuffiecient, an alternate paddle above the Harpersfield Dam is possible. I'm hoping for the assistance of other members bringing their trailers along with my six place, to limit the shuttling of vehicles to a minimum.

You may see Trumbull Canoe Trails Map link for the Location of Hidden Valley Park, or map quest my address. You can reach me at: (440) 228-3261 or Email me at: bikesavvy@hotmail.com Hope to see you there! Rich Klasen
clipper1 is offline   Reply With Quote